- 175g – margarine
- 175g – caster sugar
- 150g – Natural Yoghurt
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 250g – Plain Flour
- 5 tsp – Baking Powder
- Strawberry jam & Freshly whipped cream
- Preheat oven to around 180 degrees Centigrade (350F)
- Prepare two non-stick 8 inch round cake pans (or grease and line if not using non-stick)
- In a mixer if you have one, (or a large bowl if not), combine the sugar and margarine until creamy.
- Add the yoghurt and mashed bananas, and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour & baking powder, and fold in carefully.
- Split between the two tins (around 500g of mix per tin)
- Bake for around 40 minutes (until a skewer inserted into the middle, comes out clean). Ideally leave in the oven to cool with the door open (to help reduce slight sinking).
- Add the middle filling when mostly cooled, and then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- This is a surprisingly sweet recipe, so don’t be tempted to add butter icing (like I did the first time), it’ll make it too sickly!
– Printable PDF Version –