Serves 3-4 adults
This was a random recipe thrown together today .. it’s colourful, a rich sorce of various proteins, few carbs, lots of goodness, and the person who ate it with me commented that she actually felt energised after eating eat (rather than sluggish as she normally feels after eating a big meal!), hence the name.
- 2 heaped tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, topped and chopped
- 1/4 cauliflower, finely sliced
- 3 medium mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained and washed
- 10 sugar snap peas, topped, tailed, and chopped
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 packet of dragon, yellow bean and cashew nut sauce
- small handful pine nuts
- 1/2 handful soya nuts
- 2 heaped tbs hemp seeds
- 600g Merchant Gourmet ‘mixed grains’
- Fry off the onions in the oil until golden (in a large wok)
- Add the mushrooms, and fry for a couple of minuets
- Add the kidney beans, cauliflower, mushrooms and red pepper, and fry for a couple more minutes
- Add the yellow sauce & soy sayce
- Add the peas, sweetcorn, nuts and seeds, and mix well
- Fry for another couple of minutes, whilst cooking the ‘mixed grains’ seperately
- Add the pre-cooked mixed grains, and mix well again.
- Continue to heat and stir for another couple of minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!