- 500ml oat milk
- 2 scoops pea protein powder
- 1 frozen banana (pre-peeled and chopped before freezing)
- 4 tbs rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinamon
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
- 2 heaped tbs LSA (ground Linseed, Sesame & Almond)
- 1 tbs flakseed oil
- 1 heaped dessertspoon crunchy peanut butter (more like a ping-pong ball size)
- 1 tbs to 1 dst honey
- 3 large finger pinches of mixed nuts (i.e.almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 tbs coffee (fresh roasted coffee beans work fine, through to pre-ground or instant, as available).
- 3 broccoli florets (a small fist full)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (12 leaves)
- Chia seeds
- Curly Kale (a few leaves)
- 1/2 avocado
Start off with the oat milk, and then add all the other ingredients.
Liquidise at a medium speed for up to 2 minutes (until all the lumps have been mixed/chopped out).
(2 large glasses full, about 750ml in total)
This has become my daily breakfast. It seems to combine a great variety of things that set me up for the day, most of it is raw too, it’s satisfying, delicious, tasty, and most people comment they didn’t think it would taste this good, from the ingredients going into it!
The above mix makes around 750ml of resulting drink. It’s enough for me as my complete breakfast plus what would normally be a follow up snack (which is no longer needed).
You can play around with the proportions slightly, to make it sweeter, more like a mocha, more coffee, more vegetable flavour, etc.
Ultimately though, this has served me very well, every day for over 2 months, throughout my insanity beach body 60 day workout challenge.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too!