- 225g plain flour
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g Vegetable or Sunflower oil (by weight, not volume)
- 50g Dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork. Mix well with oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add any additional ingredients.
- Baked in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes, before checking. Cover with foil, if the loaf cake is browning. Bake for another 40 minutes (approximately).
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It’s delicious freshly baked but even yummier when it goes gooey the next day!