- 1/2 cup (125ml) dried soup mix – Pre-soaked overnight.
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 250ml boiling water
- 1 tsp stock powder (1 cube)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Finely Grated Cheese or Nutitional Yeast Flakes (both optional)
- Pre-soak the dried soup mix overnight, in fresh water (boiled then cooled)
- Fry until golden, the finely diced onion, in the oil, add the garlic towards the end of frying.
- Add the salt & pepper, then coarsely grated carrot and fry off a little more
- Drain and rinse the now soaked ‘soup mix’.
- Add the rehydrated soup mix to the pan.
- Add boiling water, stock powder, and freshly roasted and then ground spices.
- Simmer for around 15-20 minutes.
- Blend/pulverise around half of the soup.
- Add a tablespoon more Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix through the soup.
- Serve immediately, with the optional freshly grated cheese.