- 2 ears of fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 Red Pepper / Capsicum
- 2 spoonfuls of pickled Jalapeño
- 1 large bunch of Cilantro (Coriander leaves)
- 1/2 Lime, juice only
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Soft mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep Time : About 40 minutes
- If you have access to a grill, get it nice and hot. Otherwise, preheat your oven to 280 degrees C. Fill a clean sink with plenty of water. Peel back the husks from each ear of corn without removing them, pull away the silks, and let them soak for a few minutes in the sink full of water. This cleans the corn, of course, but also gets a little extra moisture into the husks so you don’t set them on fire as easily.
- Foldthe husks back into place and roast the corn in the oven (or on the grill) for about 20 minutes, turning frequently. Even though you soaked the husks, please be mindful of not lighting your corn on fire. Once cooked, allow the corn to cool so you can handle it without burning your hands.
- Seed and dice the red pepper / capsicum, and tomato. Slice up avocado. Wash the cilantro and remove the leaves from the stems. Add jalapeños.
- Once the corn is cooled, remove and discard the husks, and slice the corn from the cob with a large serrated knife.
- Combine all of the veggies in big bowl with the chili pepper. Toss with lime juice, and olive oil. Add chopped mozzerella, salt and pepper.