- 1/2 cup water
- fistful of cashews
- two tablespoons of desicated / shredded coconut
- hunk of butter
- tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Edam or similar cheese (about 75g)
- blend the water, cashews and coconut with a very high speed blender for about 20 seconds
- melt the oil and butter in an enamel pan,
- add salt & pepper
- add the nut milk to the pan (although don’t strain the fibres, you need those in the pan instead of the usual flour)
- gently bring to the boil and it’ll start to thicken
- add a dash of hot sauce as preferred
- add the grated cheese and fold in.
- pour over whatever cauliflour cheese thing you might do (ie caramalised onions, lightly fried capsicum, sliced and fried cauliflower, wilted baby spinach).
- add extra cheese on top if you’re so inclined.