This is my favourite cookie recipe, modified and improved over the years. The is my latest iteration, with the same ingredients, but a better cooking method!
If you wait a few minutes for them to cool, they’ll be crisp on the outside, and soft and fluffy in the middle, with the chocolate still just a little molten. Perfect!
There’s also a Vegan and Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie option, which although I’ve not yet tried in the new cooking method, should do well this way too.
Makes around 18 regular cookies.
- 200g margarine
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 300g plain flour, sifted
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 200g Chocolate chunks (cut into half squares)
- Preheat your pancake machine (such as the Breville Quick Stack, for four or two pancakes at a time)
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a mixer (or laboured with a wooden spoon), until light and fluffy
- Slowly add sifted flour & baking powder to the butter mix, to form a dough (possibly finish with your hands)
- Add the chocolate chunks to the dough, and mix slowly and carefully
- Add a ball of cookie dough mix to each of the pancake spaces (around 55grams per ball). Compress the lid until it clicks.
- Cook for just 4 minutes, for a deliciously melt in the mouth cookie cake (or 6 minutes if you want to dunk them in your tea)
- Transfer to a cooling rack, and then store in an airtight container when cool.